Co-wash , great for your curls all year round but winter is even more important . Do not skip on your winter regimen , I know because I sometimes also skip on my wash days throughout the year but winter is essential . If you dont know what co-wash means , it is the washing of the hair using only conditioner in order to maintain more moisture , shampoo strip the hair of its natural oil. While shampoo is good , too much shampoo washing will dry the hair and even more so for curly hair .
As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner
As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner conditioner is perfect , mild cleans and creamy to help reduce tangle. You can buy this at amazon and other online beauty stores .
Now we will see some oils , as this is a important part of natural curly hair regimen . You should always have a oil for the health and length retention of your hair. Oil can be used to massage the scalp and seal moisture in the hair for a longer period of time .
This is Argan Oil nice for skin and hair, it conditions the hair making it soft and shine without being greasy. Its 100% pure organic your curly hair will thank you .
This post is geared toward woman with naturally curly hair 3A-4C hair texture but all the products can used for all hair type . Winter normally comes with lots of shedding and dryness so this is the tie where you want to give your curly hair that extra TLC.
ApHogee Intensive Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor this product is one of my favorite products and I have mention on other post how good this really is . This will bring back your hair to life , can be used on natural or relaxed hair .
Hayashi System 911 Emergency Pak this is another treatment that will give your hair that elasticity , shine and silkiness it may have lost . So if you have over process curly hair from color this is a great product to try out his fall and winter . Also this is a bit weightless on the hair .
For my third Hair Reconstructive have will be Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor
Nexxus Polymedic Emergency ReconstructorA lot of people are familiar with this one and for good reasons , its also one of my favorites . has amino acids and collagen that helps repair damage hair . Put life back into dead brittle hair .
So there goes my winter must have protein treatment list . I will continue this must have until December or until I cover all the products I need to cover for the winter 2015 so keep checking back .
Winter Hair Tips
* Reduce the use of heat styling such as blow dryer and flat iron . This is the time to let your natural hair texture down and air dry .
* Do not leave your house with your hair wet especially for those living in freezing climate . So take your time and properly dry your hair if you live in a snow climate , and for the rest of the world used your discretion . So for all the girls that love to do wash and go , well you will have to let those style go until winter is gone .
*Do more protective style and finger comb your hair .
* Wear a hat or scarf to protect your hair during winter , avoid tight hats or scarf .
*Less Shampooing , this will strip the natural oil from the hair and scalp and will let the hair become damage , even less shampooing if you have curly or afro texture hair .
Recommend using a dry Shampoo
Pronto DRY SHAMPOO
* Deep Condition the hair more often , up your deep condition to once are twice a week . This is important especially in the winter season treat your hair with a good deep condition or hair mask .
* Used a leave in deep condition daily
*Avoid washing you hair with hot water , this will dry the hair out .
Labels: Winter Hair care